Provides technical engineering information to company supervision and specialty contractors to ensure the project complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instructions. Reviews, analyzes and resolves field construction problems, discrepancies and interferences with architect/engineer and/or contractor. Performs all functions and responsibilities in partnership with the company’s culture, corporate vision, ethics and code of conduct.
Competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
- Timely, complete and accurate generation of selected subcontract agreements and purchase orders.
- Assist in the solicitation of proposals and selection of specialty contractors.
- Timely and accurate interpretation of design documents to facilitate problem solutions.
- Research and recommend solutions to design document problems, including conflicts, interferences and errors/omissions.
- Monitor field work contract work to ensure compliance with company standards, procedures and specifications and codes.
- Responsible for continuous updating and accurate generations of as-built documents and contract documents.
- Research and preparation of change requests to resolve design issues for approval.
- Prepare and implement quality control procedures such as instructions, inspection programs, control measuring and testing equipment.
- Responsible for clear and tractable document control in accordance with established policies and procedures, including utilizing management systems to create/track RFI’s, transmit/track submittals, compose agreements and maintain project expediting list.
- Attend and actively participate in project coordination and owner/contractor/architect/engineer meetings as requested or required.
- Coordinate periodic job-related photographs for records.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing skills and competencies to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Perform additional duties and assignments as assumed or directed by supervision.
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related degree.
- Must be knowledgeable in scheduling, cost controls, and material management.
- Must be able to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Sage Timberline is preferred.
- Ability to read plans is required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Strong work ethic – Highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
- Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA Requirements is preferred.
- The ability to travel and/or relocate as required.